On March 20th, 2018 I was just starting my prayer time and was reading. I came across Joel 2:14 and BAM the HOLY SPIRIT came upon me like a LIGHTNING BOLT and opened my eyes to see what I was being called to.
“Declare a holy fast; call a sacred assembly. Summon the elders and all who live in the land to the house of the Lord your God, and cry out to the Lord.”
I knew without a doubt that the Lord wanted me to do just what Joel wrote about. He wanted me to declare a holy fast and call a sacred assembly. He wanted me to gather the elders and all who live in the land to fast and pray for the intentions of the world. So I immediately began writing down all the Holy Spirit was telling me. I got permission from my pastor to start a group called “Intercessors United”. I spoke to two elders in my parish, my parents, who e-mailed out the information I had put together to start gathering PRAYER WARRIORS. I started a Facebook group as well if you are interested in joining https://www.facebook.com/groups/2027584547505944/?ref=br_rs. We had our first meeting on April 24th and are starting to pray and fast as a group on May 1st, 2018. There are 12 of us in the group thus far and my hope is that it will continue to grow. The Holy Spirit made it very clear that this is what He is calling His church to. Is is clear that fasting and prayer is absolutely necessary, as certain strongholds can only be broken through prayer and fasting (Matthew 17:21). Our patron saint for the group is Saint Rita of Cascia, as she is the patron saint of the impossible.
Instructions given to the Prayer Warriors of the Intercessors United Group
There are several fasting options you can choose from:
Option 1: Fast three days a week, Monday’s, Wednesday’s and Friday’s.
Option 2: Fast two days a week, Wednesday’s and Friday’s.
Option 3: Fast one day a week on Friday’s.
There are several ways to fast to choose from:
Option A: Fast from rising to rising the next day. Only water allowed.
Option B: Fast from rising to rising the next day. All liquids allowed (tea and coffee with cream & sugar, smoothies, juice, milk, etc.)
Option C: Fast from all solid food until dinner then have a regular dinner and food after dinner. No treats.
Option D: Eat half a breakfast, lunch and dinner and nothing else.
Option E: Eat half a breakfast and lunch and a normal dinner and nothing else.
Option F: For those who are unable to fast from food due to illness, disability and/or pregnancy/breastfeeding then fast from a non-essential food item for 3 , 2 or 1 day a week. For instance, you can fast from TV or Facebook or coffee, etc. For those who can fast from food we are asking that you do choose to fast from food.
You can choose to fast in whichever way the Lord is calling you to fast. All we ask is that you choose from option 1, 2 or 3 so that we are all fasting on the same day/s. Or you can combine any of these options. For instance, if you decide to fast three days a week (Option 1) you can choose option E for Monday, Option C for Wednesday and Option A for Friday`s. Please choose what you believe the Lord is calling you to and do not tell anyone what your options are so that we are not tempted to pride, envy, jealousy or judgment. A good book on fasting is God’s Chosen Fast (click on link to purchase). I have read it several times and have found the information to be very useful.
- Matthew 6:16-18 “When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show others they are fasting. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, so that it will not be obvious to others that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
Also remember to offer up all your sufferings on the days you are fasting to the Lord. Unite your suffering to His, who suffered so much for us and He will use that suffering for our own purification and healing for others as well.
- Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because whoever suffers in the body is done with sin. 1 Peter 4:1
Finally, we will be praying in unison for the intentions of our Holy Father, the intentions of our parish, and the intentions in our own hearts. We will be praying the third Glorious mystery, the Decent of the Holy Spirit, as we are ultimately praying for the power of the Holy Spirit to transform each of us, our families, our parishes, communities, countries, continents and the entire world. It is only through the Holy Spirit that we will be triumphant. Don’t forget to meditate on all the mysteries of the rosary as you feel called to do. The Holy Spirit will guide you in this and show you which mysteries He wants you to meditate on. This is personal and does not need to be in unison.
- Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. Psalm 119:15
We will be meeting as a group once a month (dates and times to be determined) to pray together, do a teaching and discussion on fasting, prayer, etc. We will also discuss the Pope’s and the parish’s monthly intention. If you wish to remain anonymous in the group you are not required to attend meetings and only the person you register with will know you are in the group.
These are the prayer intentions for the group:
Isaiah 65: 1-2 The Lord said, “I was ready to answer my people’s prayers, but they did not pray. I was ready for them to find me, but they did not even try.”
- The Pope’s intention for May: Evangelization – The Mission of the Laity That the lay faithful may fulfill their specific mission, by responding with creativity to the challenges that face the world today.
- For the Pro-Life Movement. That all efforts to end abortion be fruitful. For young mothers tempted to abort their child that God’s grace might give them the wisdom and fortitude to preserve the gift they carry within them.
- For all the forgotten souls in purgatory. That they may be released from their suffering and taken to heaven to share in the Beatific Vision of the angels and the saints.
- For our World Leaders and the leaders in the Church that they would do the will of God.
- For all fallen away Catholics, that they will come back to the womb of the Church where they will find truth, life, and healing.
- For married couples, that they continue to live their vocation of love as a communion of persons reflecting the love in the Trinity. For families that they may be places of communion and prayer, authentic schools of the Gospel and small domestic Churches. Make us ever more mindful of the sacredness and beauty of the family in God’s plan.
- For our First Nations Communities. That their minds, hearts, souls, marriages, families, and communities be healed.
- For Assumption School. That there would be an abundance of registrations and that the Lord would draw all our Catholic families to the school.
- For our parish priests and for all priests in the world. That the Lord would give them strength, fortitude, holiness and love for the people. That they would be good shepherds who will lead the sheep to Christ.
- For unity in our parish. That there would be an end to gossip, judgement, strife and hardness of heart. That the Lord would give us the grace to serve one another in love.
- For the Women’s and Men’s retreats. That the Lord will bless our parish community with powerful women’s and men’s retreats in the next year.
- For the men in our parish and in the world that they will rise up and take their rightful place as spiritual leaders in the church, in families, and in communities.
I ask that all those who read this and feel so called, to join Intercessors United so that we may stand united against Satan and become Prayer Warriors for Christ. If you are joining us please comment yes below and join the Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/2027584547505944/?ref=br_rs. Or you can even start an Intercessors United group in your own parish and create intentions for your own parishes.
Ezra 8:23 So we fasted and earnestly prayed that our God would take care of us, and he heard our prayer.
Please Support this Ministry. To find out how please click on the link provided. Thank you and God bless.
*images may be subject to copyright